Here in the Minneapolis St. Paul MN area, after a long and harsh winter, we’re finally getting a season to enjoy. With the warmer weather come more opportunities to work on the landscaping in your yard. You have many projects that you want to accomplish before the cool weather comes back around. By finishing these projects, you’re then able to enjoy your yard and love where you live.
If you want to find out how you can make your landscape pop out more than it does now, consider speaking with us here at Architectural Landscape Design. We are able to give you tips, tricks and even let you know some of the best ways that your landscape is able to stand out from the rest of the ones on the block. Changing the look and feel of the outside of your home can be a good thing, as long as it is done right. And with summer only half way through, there’s still plenty of time to make some changes you’ll get to enjoy this season. Here are the most popular landscape projects for summer 2014:
- Put in an outdoor kitchen – these not only look great, but it means that you have a space that you’re able to do something in outdoors. Invite friends over and have cook outs, entertain and have a good time when sitting in the kitchen area of your backyard. Imagine being able to cook and serve a meal without warming up the house!
- Install a fountain or pond – water features can make your yard stand out so much more than it does. A fountain or pond can enhance the scenery,while also providing soothing sounds that you’re able to sit back and enjoy.
- Put in an irritation system – if you want to have your yard looking its best in the spring and summer, consider an irrigation system to water the flowers and grass in your yard so you do not have to remember to do so. And if you install a timer with your system, it will help avoid over-watering.
- Add a little landscape lighting – set the mood with some outdoor lighting around the yard. Make your yard stand out more with some lanterns or candles. You can also light up your yard with the help of some low-voltage lighting throughout it.
- Add planters and hedges – define your yard by adding these. If there are spaces that are left wide open, then these can fill in the spots where your yard is not so full. These can help shape the landscape and bring it all together more.
Relax during the summer, but do not overlook the things that you’re able to do with your landscape. Make a difference on how your home looks with the help of these tips.
Are you ready to make a change in your yard this summer that you can enjoy in the years ahead? Speak with us at Architectural Landscape Design to find out many other ways that your landscape is able to stand up to the rest. We are a licensed MN landscape contractor. Check out our Pinterest page for some fun exterior changes that can be made around the yard. We are also a licensed outdoor lighting contractor, and we install low-voltage landscape lighting. For a free consultation, call us at 952-292-7717.