We love this time of year, because as winter winds down here in the Twin Cities, many homeowners are calling us to discuss landscaping changes for when the weather warms up. It’s a great time to get the planning process going to transform your yard into something more usable and attractive. Planning your outdoor space is something that can be done even if there is snow still on the ground. You’re able to implement the plan come spring, and we can get right to work without having to wait because the plan is already done. Working with a professional landscape designer means you can have the right outdoor room for your property. To get the discussion going, here are some ideas.
Things to Consider When Planning an Outdoor Room
- First determine the purpose for having this room. Are you looking for a spot to entertain guests or just an area where you and your family can relax? There are many items you can incorporate, depending on what your intended use is. Some of the ideas you might consider are fire pits or outdoor fireplaces, kitchens, shady gathering spots, outdoor theaters, a pool or spa, and so many others. You choose what you want, then you can go from there to choose the items you’re going to place in the room that you’re building outdoors.
- Envision the area as a room when you plan. It might be hard to think about a room without walls, but it can be done. When you place the items throughout the room, consider the amount of space you have to work with and where they might look the best when added.
- Use a professional landscape designer during the process. They are able to scale the room and the landscaping around it correctly and provide you with all that is needed to make this outdoor room dream a reality. They can also insure that the space works well with your property and complements your home.
- Know the time frame you want it completed in, and then stick to the budget you have set aside for it. You do not want to go overboard, but you also want to know that it is going to be done on time and with the elements you’ve envisioned. When you work with a professional landscape design and installation team to set up the space. This shouldn’t be a problem if you talk about the timeline and the budget at the beginning of the process so you’re all on the same page.
- Take inventory of what you’ve already got that you want to use. For instance, if you really like the grill you’ve got, there’s no reason to splurge on a new one. If you’re going to salvage something in the garage, or even repurpose items, getting clear on that at the beginning is also important. Make a list of what you’ve got already, as well as items that need to be purchased.
An outdoor room is a great addition to any property, because it allows you to get outdoors and enjoy the nice Minnesota weather. Why be cooped up inside when you can cook, eat, relax, and entertain – all in your own back yard! Speak with us here at Architectural Landscape Design to find out how we are able to help you plan and implement the design you have in mind. With the right design and outdoor landscaping installation company in MN, you’re able to get the outdoor room you want. We are now scheduling free initial design consultations – it’s a great time to get the ball rolling!