Are you thinking about making some changes to your yard to make it easier to care for and more attractive? What about adding lawn edging?
Lawn edging is one of those mundane things that many people would rather not bother with when putting in a little extra effort into their yards. But did you know that when you edge your yard, it can make it look a hundred times better with just that little extra hour or so that you put into it? Lawn edging also makes it easier to care for your property. Just by placing this border around the edges, you’re creating a space that really speaks for itself and stands out from the rest on the block.
Options in Lawn Edging
There are a variety of materials you can use to edge your lawn with. These include:
- Plastic or Metal Edging: This edging can be used with irregular or curved areas. Its flexibility allows you to be more creative in coming up with a design that works with you and your landscape. You’re able to manipulate the pieces to go into different directions when you place them around the outer edges of the lawn or garden beds.
- Bricks or Pavers: These are old timeless classics that can make the home stand out a bit more. Not only do they go well with anything, but they are able to provide many different designs, depending on what it is that you want out of the yard and the edging. You can choose materials that match stone already in place, such as your home’s facade, a walkway, patio, etc. These can be installed loose, but you may want to add some mortar in between them to keep them in place and prevent weeds or grass from growing up in between them.
- Tall Plants: These can create a barrier between you and the outside world. Not only that, but they can look beautiful as well, add flower bushes throughout the outside perimeter of the yard and get a nice fragrance floating about the area. You can choose from many that are in season during the spring time.
- Wood: When you choose wood, you’re using something that can be out in the weather and still provide that rustic charm that you’re after. In addition, you can manipulate this edging to make it look however you’d like and in any shape that you would like to make your yard truly be one of a kind.
- Stones and Gravel: These are an affordable alternative to many of the other options. You’re able to lay them down wherever you would like, and create different designs and platforms with them, or just outline certain areas of the yard. They come in different colors and styles, so you can mix and match.
There are other options for lawn edging, such as landscape timbers, but these are the most common and easiest to install. Not sure what’s right for your yard? We can work with you to come up with a lawn edging solution that works for you and your property. This winter, think about the options and what might look the best in your yard, and then give us a call here at Architectural Landscape Design. We can help you make your winter plans become a reality in the spring months ahead. Coming up with a design plan now means you’ll be a step ahead. When the weather warms up, you’ll be all set for spring installation while many other homeowners are just beginning to think about what their yards may need. We offer free initial design consultations – call us today to schedule. 952.292.7717.
We are a licensed MN landscape design and installation contractor, serving the entire Minneapolis and St. Paul metro area, including communities in Western Wisconsin.