- Commercial Landscape Design
- Deck Design Minneapolis
- Excavating & Grading Landscapes
- Fireplaces and Fire Pits
- Gates & Fencing
- Hardscapes Minnesota
- Holiday Lighting Design Services
- Landscape Design Minnesota
- Landscape Maintenance
- Low-Maintenance Landscaping
- Minneapolis Landscaping
- Minnesota Garden Design & Plantings
- Minnesota Landscaping Plants
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting Contractor MN
- Outdoor Lighting Minneapolis MN
- Outdoor Living Spaces
- Paths & Walkways
- Patio Design Minneapolis
- Pools and Spas
- Retaining Wall Installation Minneapolis
- Stone & Rock Work
- Trees & Shrubs
- Water Features
- 10 Steps to Create the Best Outdoor Room – Part 1
- Plan That Summer Barbecue in Style
- Office Buildings Need Patio Designs, Too
- Having Family Friendly Yards
- Transform Your Front Yard with Eye-Catching Gardens
- Small Backyard? Little Details Can Make a Big Difference!
- Now You Can Watch Us Install Landscaping Projects
- Natural Flagstone Paver Benefits – Part 2
- Natural Flagstone Paver Benefits – Part 1
- Ideas to Light Up Your MN Outdoor Living Space
Spring Garden Planning For A Boulevard Strip
Better Homes and Gardens has published an interesting article about adding a garden to the strip of grass between the street and your side walk. If you live on one of the many tree-lined streets in the Minneapolis (where we often refer to it as “the boulevard”), you may want to explore this idea to add some more color to the area.
Factors to Consider
The idea of planning a garden to put into that otherwise unused space is a great one, but there are some questions that you need to think about before you start to dig.
– Are there any restrictions set by the city on what (or if) you can plant there?
– Which plants will survive the soil and challenges presented to the strip?
– How easily will visitors be able to navigate the garden? Would a stone path work in it?
Once you have these questions answered, you’ll be able to get to the fun of adding a new garden to this small slice of land. Designing the right garden for small spaces like these is just one of the many landscape solutions offered by ALD. If you’d like the boulevard strip in front of your house to have a unique and colorful look but don’t know where to start, give us a call.